When cooking or baking plant-based food there’s some really good ingredients you need to have in your pantry. Today I would like to share my top six baking essentials, and next week I’m planning to share my top vegan essentials when cooking.
So lets start. I can not say that I enjoy baking that much, but when that time of the month is driving by I sometimes crave something sweet or nutty. With that sad, here’s my top six ingredients that I almost always use when I need something sweet.
- Renée Voltaire Raw Cacao Powder – If you’re in a hurry or if you just need something sweet real quick, just mix some dates, raw cacao powder & coconut oil/butter, it’s real good! Raw cacao contains nearly four times the antioxidant content of regular processed dark chocolate.
- Dates (I buy organic fresh dates) (Rich in vitamins, fibers and minerals such as iron, calcium and magnesium) – These juicy, soft, creamy little things are heaven. You can eat them just like they are or as a base in all of your baking, add in smoothies for extra sweetness and it fills you up perfectly.
- Renée Voltaire Coconut Butter – This creamy butter is perfect when baking vegan, raw cacaocake.
- Coconut Oil – Not only amazing when baking or cooking, it’s an absolute must when taking of your makeup at night, or as an mask when your hair feels dry.
- Raw Organic Vanilla Powder – Mix frozen bananas, some raw vanilla powder, a few dates and a small amount of raw cacao powder and you have yourself NICECREAM.
- Organic Coconutchips (seasalted) – So delicious for snack, or top your smoothie with a few bites.
So as you can see I’m all in with coconut, it’s soo delicious and good for you (high in fibers, minerals and energy) so why not add it in all forms? I also really enjoy adding nut (cashew, almonds) in my baking or even in my smoothies. Hope you’ll got some inspiration, and that you all consider choosing more raw, plant-based food in your life. / M.W